Essential Filmmaking Tool for Professional Animated Storyboards
Los Gatos, CA – August 9, 2011 – PowerProduction Software, a leading developer of visualization/ storyboard software for film and video pre-production, announced that StoryBoard Artist Studio Version 5 is now available. StoryBoard Artist Studio storyboard software is an essential tool for filmmakers, allowing fast creation of great-looking digital storyboards. Extended file import options, new built-in artwork, increased image creation and effects, automatic storyboard generation, iPhone integration, and expanded sketch-style presentations headline an array of new features in the new Version 5 release.
“StoryBoard Artist Studio has served as a high-end storyboarding solution for more than a decade,” commented Paul Clatworthy, CTO, PowerProduction Software. “Since the initial StoryBoard Artist release, we have added indispensable filmmaking features such as the Timeline, which sets storyboard frames in time with tracks of audio for impressive presentations, and Non-Linear Links, which accounts for user interactivity in game and mobile app development. The new Version 5 of Artist Studio builds upon this rich history of innovation by introducing automatic storyboard generation and sketch-style presentations, as well as groundbreaking iPhone integration and onion-skin animation features for pre production.”
Storyboard Artist Studio Version 5 New Features
- Extended File Import Options including 3D Google SketchUp files.
- New Built-In Artwork including more Character, Prop, and Location options.
- Object Effects allow artists to easily customize built-in artwork, including a variety of automatic effects for common visual effects.
- Paint Canvas for image creation with a palette of Paint Tools and onion skinning for easy animation development.
- Sketch Mode for printing, working, and presenting, with over three times the artistic styles available in StoryBoard Artist 5.
- QuickShots Technology for fast automated storyboard creation. QuickShots uses a catalog of shot types that the artist can pair with Characters and Locations.
- iPhone integration with StoryBoard Artist Shot Assistant, available in the App Store, plus iPad and eReader Export for viewing or sharing on set.
The new StoryBoard Artist Version 5 features can be seen in action at any time via a movie demonstration that is available on the PowerProduction Software website.
Pricing and Availability
StoryBoard Artist Studio Version 5 is immediately available through the PowerProduction Software worldwide reseller channel and direct from the PowerProduction Software web site at www.storyboardartist.com for an MSRP of $999.99 USD. Upgrade pricing is available for users of StoryBoard Quick or previous versions of StoryBoard Artist Studio.
About PowerProduction Software
PowerProduction Software has been a trendsetter in storyboard software for over a decade. The Hollywood production community has made them a staple in a very competitive niche. Their staff of well-rounded media professionals is dedicated to making sure that the software programming serves the needs of the customers, not the designers. It is this approach that has set them apart from other software developers in the storyboard software community. For more information, visit www.powerproduction.com.